This is a small guide on How to fix GDBus Error org freedesktop PolicyKit1 Error Failed : An authentication agent already exists for the given subject error in Kali, LMDE or Debian Linux.
How to fix GDBus Error org freedesktop PolicyKit1 Error Failed
I use gdm3+XFCE on my box (amd64, Kali Linux). When I start my XFCE session, I have been getting this error message
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: An authentication agent already exists for the given subject
Even starting a new XFCE session will not help. So far, it looks that this error message has no consequences, but it is annoying. I found a way to fix this, sharing for interested readers.
Screenshots were taken from Kali Linux
root@kali:~# lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Debian Description: Debian GNU/Linux Kali Linux 1.0 Release: Kali Linux 1.0 Codename: n/a root@kali:~#
I am using XFCE desktop/window manager.
To fix this go to Application Menu > Settings > Session and Startup >
Now un-check LXPolkit from Application Autostart tab. Click on Close.
That’s it, you won’t see that error message again.
GDBus Error org freedesktop PolicyKit1 Error Failed is a common issue in many Linux Operating systems which is not just limited to Kali Linux or Debian Linux.
- GDbus Error org openobex Error Failed: Unable to request session problem
- Problem installing .deb files on Wheezy
- gnome-shell:oh no something has gone wrong error
- Bug 657006 – GDBus Error org freedesktop PolicyKit1 Error Failed: An authentication agent already exists for the given subject
- Raspberry Pi error
- GDBus Error org freedesktop PolicyKit1 Error Failed An authentication agent already exists for the given subject
- GDBus Error org openobex Error Failed Unable to request session
- Error GDBus Error org freedesktop DBus Error Spawn ExecFailed: Failed to execute program /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper: Success
- MATE-Desktop for fedora
- Bug#687844: debian-policy: GDBus Error org freedesktop PolicyKit1 Error Failed:
- Installing Nessus in Kali Linux
- I am kali linx user i hv some problm when i install any type of software app in my kali linux this error show GDBus Error org gtk GDBus Un?
- GDBus Error org gtk GDBus UnmappedGError Quark._pk_5ftransaction_5ferror.Code4: SimulateInstallFiles not supported by backend
- Debian Bug report logs – #703016 policykit-1-gnome: polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 fails to start
- Small problem with the version of Mate ..
I cannot say if my fix will apply to every situation, but it seems to work for me and my friends.
Thanks for reading. Please share.