This is a small guide on How to fix GDBus Error org freedesktop PolicyKit1 Error Failed : An authentication agent already exists for the given subject error in Kali, LMDE or Debian Linux.
How to fix GDBus Error org freedesktop PolicyKit1 Error Failed
I use gdm3+XFCE on my box (amd64, Kali Linux). When I start my XFCE session, I have been getting this error message
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: An authentication agent already exists for the given subject
Even starting a new XFCE session will not help. So far, it looks that this error message has no consequences, but it is annoying. I found a way to fix this, sharing for interested readers.
Screenshots were taken from Kali Linux
root@kali:~# lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Debian Description: Debian GNU/Linux Kali Linux 1.0 Release: Kali Linux 1.0 Codename: n/a root@kali:~#
I am using XFCE desktop/window manager.
To fix this go to Application Menu > Settings > Session and Startup >
Now un-check LXPolkit from Application Autostart tab. Click on Close.
That’s it, you won’t see that error message again.
GDBus Error org freedesktop PolicyKit1 Error Failed is a common issue in many Linux Operating systems which is not just limited to Kali Linux or Debian Linux.
- GDbus Error org openobex Error Failed: Unable to request session problem
- Problem installing .deb files on Wheezy
- gnome-shell:oh no something has gone wrong error
- Bug 657006 – GDBus Error org freedesktop PolicyKit1 Error Failed: An authentication agent already exists for the given subject
- Raspberry Pi error
- GDBus Error org freedesktop PolicyKit1 Error Failed An authentication agent already exists for the given subject
- GDBus Error org openobex Error Failed Unable to request session
- Error GDBus Error org freedesktop DBus Error Spawn ExecFailed: Failed to execute program /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper: Success
- MATE-Desktop for fedora
- Bug#687844: debian-policy: GDBus Error org freedesktop PolicyKit1 Error Failed:
- Installing Nessus in Kali Linux
- I am kali linx user i hv some problm when i install any type of software app in my kali linux this error show GDBus Error org gtk GDBus Un?
- GDBus Error org gtk GDBus UnmappedGError Quark._pk_5ftransaction_5ferror.Code4: SimulateInstallFiles not supported by backend
- Debian Bug report logs – #703016 policykit-1-gnome: polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 fails to start
- Small problem with the version of Mate ..
I cannot say if my fix will apply to every situation, but it seems to work for me and my friends.
Thanks for reading. Please share.
useful to me :)
Thanks: I installed XFCE over LXDE w/o reformatting (desiring to keep my /HOME folder). LXDE still shows up as a Login option, as well. Really, I should back up my home folder to this new USB stub I have in front of myself and reformat, first. (Really, I should get my lifestyle into a manner where I may purchase an old Italian villa–thus being able to recline and eat with friends–always poking verbal holes into politicians, while servants busily fan all of us with huge fronds–enjoying life as a carefree (and, careless) patrician Roman might! OK–something spiritual nudged me and chided a few moments ago!: Just now, I opened the package for the stub!)
I have multiple users and don’t use lxde much, so I just did: sudo apt-get remove lxpolkit
I didn’t know that, thanks for the tip. Cheers,
When im sending a file from a lap top with kali linux to my mobile fone xpiria mini i recive error GDbus Error org openobex Error Failed: Unable to request session problem any fix ?
Reading reviews by random customers may be a controversial experience. Therefore, it is critical to detect the comments specified by non-biased and competent writers. Check out a few comments to make the right choice.
I understand this but have you ever thought of using sources that would help you with your writting, like http://essaypapers.reviews/ because I have been using this for a long time now and I feel absolutely fine because I don’t have to spend a lot of time writing.