NetHunter supported devices – Features
- 802.11 Wireless Injection and AP mode support with multiple supported USB wifi cards.
- Capable of running USB HID Keyboard attacks, much like the Teensy device is able to do.
- Supports BadUSB MITM attacks. Plug in your Nethunter to a victim PC, and have your traffic relayed though it.
- Contains a full Kali Linux toolset, with many tools available via a simple menu system.
- USB Y-cable support in the Nethunter kernel – use your OTG cable while still charging your Nexus device!
- Software Defined Radio support. Use Kali Nethunter with your HackRF to explore the wireless radio space.
As usual, it is open source and much like Linux from scratch.
- You can configure and build your NetHunter image from scratch.
- NetHunter is SSH enabled and you can do it over 3G.
- It comes with Advanced HID keyboard is like a Teensy devices.
- The BadUSB attack is jaw dropping. Connect NetHunter to a USB port and become the default gateway.
- Running the Evil AP “Mana” Toolkit by Sensepost is as simple as clicking a single button.
- Although running on Android, I love how you can just VNC into Kali, and use all the tools you are used to.
HID Keyboard and BadUSB – Video
Kali and Offensive Security team incorporated some amazing features into the NetHunter OS which are both powerful and unique. From pre-programmed HID Keyboard (Teensy) attacks, to BadUSB Man In The Middle attacks, to one-click MANA Evil Access Point setups. And yes, NetHunter natively supports wireless 802.11 frame injection with a variety of supported USB NICs. NetHunter is still in its infancy and we are looking forward to seeing this project and community grow. Here’s a great video on that
[vimeo http://vimeo.com/106012812 w=500&h=281]
The Kali NetHunter configuration interface allows you to easily configure complex configuration files through a local web interface. This feature, together with a custom kernel that supports 802.11 wireless injection and preconfigured connect back VPN services, make the NetHunter a formidable network security tool or discrete drop box – with Kali Linux at the tip of your fingers wherever you are!
Important Concepts about NetHunter
- Kali NetHunter runs within a chroot environment on the Android device so, for example, if you start an SSH server via an Android application, your SSH connection would connect to Android and not Kali Linux. This applies to all network services.
- When configuring payloads, the IP address field is the IP address of the system where you want the shell to return to. Depending on your scenario, you may want this address to be something other than the NetHunter.
- Due to the fact that the Android device is rooted, Kali NetHunter has access to all hardware, allowing you to connect USB devices such as wireless NICs directly to Kali using an OTG cable.
NetHunter website – links and download locations
- Kali Linux NetHunter official page
- Kali Linux NetHunter project page – Kali site
- NetHunter Image download page
- NetHunter FAQ
If all that doesn’t turn you on, then the following comment will make NetHunter irresistible:
I switched on my NetHunter and was immediately surrounded by beautiful women, it was amazing.
Go figure! Please share RT.
Similar post: 802.11 Recommended USB Wireless Cards for Kali Linux